The blondes have it! Our very first, and you never forget your first. Then again, we’re still waiting for an American Miss 500, but today isn’t the time for jingoism. That’s every other day. Instead, without further ado, The 500 Section would like to congratulate the winner of the 2015 Miss 500 Tournament…
Miss Candice Swanepoel
As always, let’s break this down Buzzfeed style. Our top 10 favorite Candice facts!
Born 20 October 1988 in Mooi River, South Africa, Candice began her long march to Miss 500 fame after being spotted by a model scout at the age of 15. Since then, she’s pretty much torn up the model go-to’s including…
10. Dominating the SI Swimsuit editions
9. As well as every other fashion mag known to humankind
8. Which means you’ve obviously heard about her starting position on the Victoria’s Secret Angels lineup
7. And for you sports fans out there, you should know her Victoria’s gig means she headlined the Victoria’s Secret PINK line of MLB wear
(and yes, that last one should make you want to be a Phillies fan…until you realize that involves being a Phillies fan. Sorry Candice, you’re pretty, not Jesus Christ)
6. But guys, she doesn’t just sport Victoria’s Secret and swimsuits all day, she rocks the street style too
Probably good enough for a 500 Section Fashion Friday even!
5. Speaking of that dog, she LOVES that dog
Especially now that the family’s grown…
4. But she probably leaves them at home during her Ballet Fitness Routines
3. Her BFF is fellow model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
2. Let’s take the time to mention that she’s South African
1. And as always, as an appeasement to all those 500 voters out there that are dismayed a blonde finally toppled the run of brunettes dominating this tourney, let’s not forget that Candice is actually one of you!
Congratulations Candice! You are 2015’s Miss 500!
The Chick Fil A Challenge (Sponsored by the Human Rights Campaign)
For the first time in Miss 500’s long and illustrious history, women were welcomed to join in the drafting of contestants for Miss 500. Many laughed, more scoffed, but now nobody is saying a word. During Miss 500’s inaugural season as a universal sex participatory exercise, the winner of the Miss 500 Chick-Fil-A Challenge is…
Enjoy your $10 of American made, steroided, butter, fried, fried, fried, fried chicken. Along with all previous and future winners, Valeria will have the honor of signing the Miss 500 Ladies Frame of Fame:
And with that, the Miss 500 Tournament Chairperson would like to officially declare that Women’s Rights have been achieved! Hooray everyone, good job by you!
– Championship Score
Candice Swanepoel: 14 vs. Margot Robbie: 12
– Total Tournament Votes
Candice Swanepoel: 87 votes (all time record beating 2014’s Miss 500 Polly Parsons)
Margot Robbie: 89 votes (yes, losing the final despite winning the popular vote is the only thing she has in common with Al Gore)
– The Road to Victory
Candice Swanepoel: (13) Kate Mara, (5) Amber Heard, (1) Ellie Gonsalves, (2) Kate French, (1) Elizabeth Loaiza, and (3) Margot Robbie
Margot Robbie: (14) Emmanuelle Chriqui, (11) Ashley Greene, (2) Brooklyn Decker, (12) Daniella Grace, (9) Hannah Ferguson
To all of you for voting, putting up with annoying emails, being my friend, being my friend before this entire thing, being witnesses to my divorce in 10 years because of this tournament/wordpress, google-ing, bing-ing, banter, bickering, and overall being the most amazing people on the planet not to win a Miss 500 title.
As always, see you all next year at Round 2 of the NFL Draft!
The Miss 500 Committee